- The Volcanoes National Park
- unforgettable meeting with the gorillas
- City tour of the metropolis Kilgali
...and much more!
Day 1: Departure from Johannesburg in South Africa, and Welcome to Rwanda!
Today's late afternoon begins with the departure from O.R. Tambo International, the international airport of Johannesburg, South Africa. Later in the evening, we arrive at Kigalli International Airport, in Rwanda. You will be welcomed by your English speaking local guide. Together, you embark on a short drive through the state capital to your centrally located, luxurious downtown hotel. Tonight a fresh-made, tasty "Welcome to Rwanda dinner" awaits you. 12 km / D
Day 2: Kigali- A visit to the state capital
Today we drive through the lively state capital after breakfast and visit some of the sights of the country's largest metropolis with over 1.2 million inhabitants. Kigali is located about 1,500 meters above sea level and just South of the equator. Due to this location, the climate is very mild all year-round. Since 2015, Kigali has been considered the cleanest capital in Africa. This morning we will also visit the partially gnawing Genocide Museum. In addition to the horror of genocide, another focus of the Kigali Memorial Centre is the education of children. In an affiliated school they should acquire general knowledge as well as social competences. Although many people cannot remember the genocide or were not born at the time, in order to prevent such atrocities in the future, an important cornerstone for a deeper, interpersonal understanding is laid in the Memorial Centre. After a good lunch at one of the city's popular restaurants, we head Northwest to The Volcanoes National Park via bus. Arriving here in the early evening, you can move into your luxuriously appointed lodge at the foot of the 4,000-meter-high Virunga Mountains. In the evening, a delicious dinner awaits you in the lodge's restaurant. 158 km / B, D
Day 3: The gorillas at Volcanoes National Park
In the early morning after breakfast, you will be picked up by a transfer organised by the lodge and will be taken to the n
National Park entrance. There, the briefing on the respective groups of visitors (maximum 8 participants) and a briefing (behavioural rain) by the rangers before the gorilla families start walking. The mountain gorilla trekking is one of the most fascinating encounters between humans and animals on the African continent. The gentle giants only exist in the Tri-Border region between Uganda, Rwanda and the Republic of Congo. The gorilla permit purchased when booking the trip is provided by the local guide. The proceeds are used to protect the mountain gorillas from poachers and preserve the last remaining habitat. For most visitors this is the absolute highlight of their trip to Africa! The encounter with the gentle giants will move you deeply. The approach to the areas of the gorillas can take between two and six hours and leads partly through dense jungle and can therefore be a bit tiring. Once the gorilla group has been reached, you have one hour to photograph or observe the life of the gorilla family. Around noon you will be back at the lodge for a delicious lunch. The afternoon is spent relaxing and enjoying the facilities of the beautiful lodge. 12 km / B, L, D
Day 4: Back to Kigali and return flight in the evening
After a scrumptious breakfast, you can enjoy the spectacular views of the Virunga Mountains. You can then head back to Kigali with your driver whilst passing banana tea and coffee plantations. Here in the state capital, your driver will take you back to Kigali International Airport. In the late evening, your flight back to Johannesburg, South Africa awaits you. 170 km / F, M, A
Prices and Dates
From EUR 2.995,00* in 2019 / from EUR 3.145,00* in 2020 per person sharing (in a double room)
Tour code: Lotononis
* The offer is valid for a group size from 2 participants.
* The travel price excludes general increases in transport costs and currency fluctuations.
* Prices are subject to the availability of selected accommodation.
* We reserve the right to change the travel program at short notice
Included in tour price:
- Private, local, qualified, English speaking tour guide from / to Kigali International Airport in Kigali, Rwanda
- 3 nights in selected, beautiful accommodations of the high standard
- Meals as advertised excl. Drinks (B = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner
- Excursion and round trip program with modern, customary minibus with air conditioning
- All entries, Gorilla Permits (cost USD 1,500 pp), activities and parking fees as mentioned (except optional program points)
- Travel insurance
- luggage transport
Excluded from tour price:
- All flights to and from Kigali in Rwanda
- optional activities and additional services
- Travel insurance
- Drinks, tips, personal expenses